Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What are some good recipes for use with textured vegetable protein (tvp)?

I am a former chef and have been because of my diabetic condition a Lacto-Ovo-pescaterain vegetarian for a few year now and use a good amount of TVP, it is essentialy a ground meat substitute, I make chil, stuffed peppers, cabbage rolls, spaghetti sauces, mix it with other veg for veggie meatloafs, burgers or patties, it is very versitile.





I make the dishes exactly like using ground beef/chicken or turkey, just slightly cook it with the base like when sauting onions, add it toast it and then add the liquid ingredients and spices. for cabbage rolls and stuffed pepper/zucchini, I just mix it with the rice and veg dry and moisten it, then make them up and place them in the sauce.





I have read were it has more concentrated protein then meat, and no cholesterol, and is a complex fiber meaning it does not break down into sugars or fat.What are some good recipes for use with textured vegetable protein (tvp)?
Try searching for TVP recipes online...

No comments:

Post a Comment