Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How do you create textures for Maya?

Okay, so I'm just learning Maya. I think for the most part, I've got the modeling pretty secure, I'm getting better which each practice session, but now I need to move on to texturing. I know that there is a way that Photoshop can be used to create texture maps for models, but how exactly do you do it? Can anyone help me or direct me to a helpful tutorial??How do you create textures for Maya?
Textures bring a model and a scene to life. Without texture, most 3D models would look like solid plastic when rendered. Textures bring color, reflections, transparency, and roughness to a surface. You can create textures from images such as photographs or paintings, and you can also create them procedurally using texture generators that come with Maya





http://www.tutcity.com/tutorials/Maya/Te鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment