Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Dining chairs are dirty and stained and upholstered in textured fabric how to clean?

can you recommend a product to clean the cushions.Dining chairs are dirty and stained and upholstered in textured fabric how to clean?
A simple cleaning agent is probably right in your kitchen cabinet. It's not expensive and will not harm most fabrics. It's White Distilled Vinegar.





This is a very good cleaning agent for upholstery, stains on carpets and on of my favorites is that it cuts shower and tub soap scum. The smell dissipates and the clean surfaces are well worth the few minutes of smelling the vinegar.





I keep a spray bottle in my kitchen and bathroom. It clean stainless steel sinks too. I sprayed the seats of my dining room chairs recently and used a medium bristled cleaning brush to rub the vinegar into the fabric.


I did not saturate the fabric but did spray the seats good. When I finished, I took them out of the house and set them on the patio to dry. I was truly amazed and rather proud of myself too.





No more high priced cleaners for me. And oh yeah......if you ever see tiny little ants in your kitchen.....just spray them too. The vinegar scent disrupts their trail. Good luck.Dining chairs are dirty and stained and upholstered in textured fabric how to clean?
White vinegar has a lot of uses and this would be one of them. I also put just a drop or two of dishwashing liquid in with it for hard to clean areas. And the smell isn't all that bad considering some of the other cleaners on the market that really stink. Worth a try and if it doesn't work you can easily re-upholster the chairs.
you can use a home upholstery cleaner, or you can remove the seats, and recover them easily and cheaply with new fabric and a staple gun!
Warm soapy water. Warm rinse and out into the sun .Will be as good as new!

No comments:

Post a Comment