Friday, January 8, 2010

Where can I get textures to use for my digital pictures, and how to apply them nicely?

I have an older version of Photoshop Elements, I also have Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite. I want to know where I can get textures and how to apply them to my pictures like I'm always seeing on Deviantart.com. Also is there anything else I can do to spice up my photos? I've only ever done mostly basic stuff to my photos, and I want to know what more I can do to enhance them. Where can I get textures to use for my digital pictures, and how to apply them nicely?
I don麓t have elements right now, but in Photoshop you can easily do it as I explain and probably also in Elements, so give it a try:





You can right click the layer you want textured and select expressions from the list, or select it and click on the button named fx on the bottom left of the panel.


Then you can select lots of things, like textures, shadows, bevel and lots of other edge effects, so as to answer the second part of your question.





You can also try a very nice plugin, the Akvis Frame suite, which can add lots of professional textures and also frames to your images.





Another way to do it is to photograph the texture you like, say a blank canvas and then create a layer of it over your image, reduce its opacity and try the blending modes, screen would be a good start. Try adjusting the opacity and blending mode until it looks realistic.Where can I get textures to use for my digital pictures, and how to apply them nicely?
Here are some free textures. Download them and when you use them, place them on a new layer with select all, copy and paste. Change the opacity of that layer til it looks good.You might also try the overlay or multiply layer. Use a sponge type eraser with the opacity set to a low number to selectively erase areas in your main subject.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/beapierce/s鈥?/a>
Check out sites like psdtuts.com, and the skout.co.za 'textures' section. Hope this helps!





-Clarissa


http://www.myinternetmarketinggroup.com
Try this one, there are a lot of different texture categories


http://www.imageafter.com/textures.php

No comments:

Post a Comment