Friday, January 8, 2010

Clairol Texture and Tones - is it really good? Natural black vs. Silken Black? Dark and Lovely hair dye?

I want to re-dye my hair black, but I have to do at home because my hairdresser believes if I put permanent dye in my hair, my hair will fall out. Its been permanently died twice already by another hair dresser, but I can't go to her because she was in Rochester and I live in NYC. Plus, I need to save money.





Back to the point, I've been looking at different dyes and I noticed Clairol Texture and Tones. I'm really interested in it especially since they say it's 100% ammonia free. I just want feedback from people who have used it. Also, I noticed two different shades of black, natural black and silken black. Does anyone know the difference? The silken black just looks a bit shinier than the natural black.





Also, what about Dark and Lovely hair color? They say it has a little bit of ammonia, but I rather go for the ammonia free dye. Dark and Lovely has 3 shades of black - jet, natural, and midnight. Are the differences minor or major?





So, any feedback will be good in helping me choose!Clairol Texture and Tones - is it really good? Natural black vs. Silken Black? Dark and Lovely hair dye?
Tone is the warmth or coolness of a color. So it may have a redish, or purpleish shade to it when light hits it. Your stylist may have said that your hair will fall out because maybe you have had a relaxer before. Relaxers are very damaging to the hair and when you mix anything (perm, bleach, ammonia) with relaxer, there will be trouble. Also, color doesnt take as well when relaxer is in it, so you may go to wash your hair the next couple days and it will all wash out. If she said not to do it, I wouldn't do it because she probably has bad expierences with your same situation. I work at a salon and a girl lied to one of my coworkesrs that she never had a relaxer and went to get highlights... well her hair FELL OUT and she had to get it chopped off. but if you MUST do it, go for the ammonia free formula. :)Clairol Texture and Tones - is it really good? Natural black vs. Silken Black? Dark and Lovely hair dye?
if your hairdresser says your hair will break off, it most likely will...anywho, it all depends on the condition of your hair before you put the color in, and how you treat it afterwards to determine if it works good. the differences in color are minor but noticeable...natural black is the lightest black their is, it's realistic...silken black %26amp; jet black are about the same, they are the darkest black you can get...midnight black is more blue black

No comments:

Post a Comment