Friday, January 8, 2010

Help for non permanent textured walls?

We live in a not so great apartment with very ugly off white walls. And not only an ugly color, in the past tenants were ALLOWED to paint so its built up many layers and looks like garbage. I would like to add some texture to the small bathroom where it is the worst.. I cannot use regular paint because it is a lease violation now. Border is allowed, however it NEEDS more than that. The bathroom is a half bath and very tiny.





Are there any non permanent paints that would do the trick? I need something that won't smudge off super easy, yet will come off if I scrub at it a couple years from now if we move. I need to be able to show them it will come off when I have an inspection. I have to pay to have it painted upon leaving anyway, but they are fussy during the bi yearly inspections. If they see permanent paint they will fine me and come cover it up. Which would really tick me off after hard work.Help for non permanent textured walls?
Instead of paint, why not try applying fabric to the walls with liquid starch? It doesn't damage the walls at all, and it peels off easily when you are ready for a change. All it takes is some 100% cotton fabric and liquid starch that you can buy in the detergent aisle at the grocery store. If it's a small bathroom, it won't take much fabric. It holds up very well!! The directions are easy to find online, just put ';wallpapering with fabric'; in the search.

No comments:

Post a Comment